Steps For English Essay Writing
By paul on Thursday, September 27th, 2018 in No Comments
E. L. Doctorow once said, ‘Writing is like driving at night in the fog. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.’
In regards to this, when students are assigned to write an essay, they view it as a challenging task. However, reminiscent of driving at night, the job of writing an essay requires looking ahead and setting a goal. Once an individual performs the task one step at a time, they can reach their destination before they even know it!
Many of the students residing in the US to pursue a higher level education, struggle with writing an English essay. As a result, they refer to an Essay Expert to perform the task proficiently for them. However, this tactic is only beneficial in the short term. In the long haul, students are required to practice their skills so they can construct academic and official research dissertations.
In order to write an exceptional essay, students are required to follow the ensuing steps:
- Read the topic thoroughly: The first step that an individual is mandated to perform is comprehending the assigned topic. Hence, the student should read the topic several times, and think up of new angles that can be taken to write an essay worthy of a top grade. Once, the topic is examined in detail, individuals can develop a strategy to elaborate it prodigiously. In case the topic is not provided, students are required to select a subject that allows them to express themselves creatively. At this stage of essay writing, originality in the content is crucial.
- Come up with a hook: As soon as the individual has decided their take on the topic, they are required to plan a way to make it stand out. The foremost method of captivating the reader’s interest is by starting the introductory paragraph with a hook. A hook of an essay can be a mind-blowing fact, a humorous approach or a quote from a credible source.
- Manufacture an outline: Next, the writer needs to establish an outline which sets up a foundation for their essay. The standardized outline for an academic essay comprises of the five paragraph rule. Ergo, the essay should be divided into five paragraphs: an introduction, three paragraphs dedicated to the body of the essay and one concluding paragraph to provide closure.
- Free writing: Additionally, students should start their essays in the form of free writing. This tactic allows individuals to gather all their ideas on one page thus, allowing them to perfect the content once it is on paper.
- Official writing: Once the draft is written, students can manipulate and repair it to give it an official At this stage, sentence construction, vocabulary and grammar should be given immense consideration.
- Proofreading and editing: Lastly, the student should scan their work for errors and make the necessary changes.
Once the student has composed an essay as a consequence of performing the preceding steps, they are encouraged to repeat this pattern until they are able to produce formal, academic essays.